Find the right Horsebox Insurance for your needs from the panel of specialist insurance providers.
Cover available can include:
- Horsebox insurance for vans or lorries from 1 to 6+ stalls
- Private Car NCB acceptable
- Protected No Claims Bonus available
- Discounts for limited mileage
- Discounts for security / immobilisers
- Breakdown assistance and horse recovery
- European Use
- Cover while at competitions
- Instant horsebox insurance documents
A Guide to Horsebox Insurance
When you own a horsebox it’s essential to get in insured so you’re able to drive legally and are also protected for risks such as theft, vandalism and breakdowns. Unlike a horse trailer, which can be driven legally with a car insurance policy, horseboxes need to have a policy in place since they’re subject to the same laws as any other vehicle.
The good news is that finding horsebox insurance online is easier than ever. You can get quotes in a quick and easy manner which takes nearly all the stress out of getting a policy whilst potentially saving you a great deal of money.
What type of cover is available?
The main types of cover you can get with a horsebox insurance policy are –
- Comprehensive – Comprehensive insurance will provide cover for all types of road accidents, even when you’re liable.
- Third Party – Third party cover will only provide protection for third parties in a collision that you’re responsible for.
- Third Party, Fire & Theft – Fire and theft are always important risks to get cover for. Theft in particular is a big risk for horsebox owners since these types of vehicles are very valuable.
Additional types of cover include –
- Accidental Damage
- Breakdown Assistance
What are the benefits of getting insured online?
There are some benefits to looking online for a horsebox insurance policy. These include –
- Get multiple quotes easily
- Save time & money
- No hard sell
- Highly tailored policies
- Flexible payment methods
Will I be covered at home and at shows?
Most insurance policies will cover you in both instances however the level of cover will depend on the type of policy you get. Some policies will include cover for overnight stabling and alternate travel arrangements if you attend a show and your horsebox is unable to be used.
Cover for your horsebox when at home will be included as standard, although it’s always wise to make security a priority since horseboxes can often be targeted by thieves. You should ensure that the horsebox is parked securely, ideally in a locked garage, and that access to the yard is restricted with locked gates.
How can I save money on horsebox insurance?
Below are some excellent ways you can save money on horsebox insurance –
- Increase Excess – By increasing the excess you would pay in the event of a claim you can significantly reduce the cost of your premium. Somewhat risky but it’s a very reliable way of saving money upfront.
- Get a Limited Mileage Policy – If you only use your horsebox sparingly then you might consider a limited mileage policy. Limited mileage policies are typically much cheaper than a standard policy because of the reduced risk factor that comes from being on the road for less time.
- Shop Around – Getting multiple quotes is always important when looking for a good insurance policy at the best price. Quotes can vary significantly from one insurance provider to another so you owe it to yourself to get as many quotes as possible.